As an adaptogenic herb, it is one of the most commonly used roots in Traditional Ayurvedic Medicine for increased stamina. It has also been traditionally used to promote a calm mind and encourage restful sleep. It is extensively used in India as a daily tonic and home remedy. Its Sanskrit name means that which imparts the strength of a horse, a name that suggests one of its traditional usages as a traditional Ayurvedic rejuvenative tonic for strength, energy and vitality. According to the energetic principles of Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is bitter, astringent and sweet in the Rasa taste energy, heating in action according to Virya and balancing for Vata and Kapha constitutional doshas, with a potential to aggravate Pitta in those with excess Pitta energy. It is considered a wonderful daily herb to support general well-being, vitality and health.
- Used in traditional Ayurvedic Medicine for stamina, energy and stress reduction
- Gentle, Rejuvenating and Strengthening Ayurvedic Tonic
- Bitter, slightly astringent and sweet tasting herb
- Sustainably grown and harvested
- No added flavours, fillers, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, carriers, stabilizers or excipients
- Certified Organic (ECOCERT CANADA 12/09/2019) & (ECOCERT ICO 01/14/2020)
- Certified Kosher (ORTHODOX UNION 04/01/2020)
- According to Traditional Ayurveda it is suggested to take 1 teaspoon twice daily in warm water or warm milk as a supportive tonic
- Make a tea-like infusion by adding 1 teaspoon of Ashwagandha to 6-8 oz. of boiling water or almond milk. Let the water sit for 10 minutes to allow the compounds to be released (sweeten as desired)
- Add to water, coconut water, your favorite juice or to smoothies.
Certified Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder